Young Good Neighbors Committee
Young Good Neighbors (YGN) is a committee of dynamic, driven and well-networked young professionals with a shared passion for supporting kids suffering from poverty.
The committee is made up of young professionals aged 18 – 35, who volunteer their time to raise awareness, engagement and funds among their own networks in the NSW community to support Good Neighbors Australia.
Whether you aspire to be a future change maker, not-for-profit Board member, or want to network with like-minded young professionals, YGN provides experience and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Connect with socially-minded individuals who are seeking to create a culture of giving and philanthropy.
YGN committee members are part of a highly trusted and reputable for-purpose organisation, with opportunities to gain experience in governance and social change, with the reward of knowing you’re helping make a real difference in the lives of kids in need.
How you can get involved
Are you a young professional aged 18 – 35?
Have you always wanted to be a part of something great helping kids in need?
Have fun and get involved by joining our committee to raise funds and awareness about the work we do at Good Neighbors Australia.
Help us organise and market our next event where you invite friends to come and hear about our mission and have fun at the same time.
The volunteers will be part of the Event Committee, that will be in charge of the planning and running of the fundraising event. Ideally the group would have a mixed skillset and social/professional network to invite on the night of the event.
We’re looking for volunteers who are happy to commit to meetings after work twice a month for a 4-month period.
Social Media Volunteer
Are you skilled in video editing and have a knack for creating engaging content?
We are looking for someone to take charge of our video content for YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. You will work closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure content is aligned with our organisation and relevant to our projects/events. You will gain valuable experience in social media management and help design and drive Good Neighbors Australia’s social media brand by creating engaging visual content.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Editing footage to produce consistent, refined and brand appropriate content
- Insert English subtitles to existing video content
- In charge of posting on our YouTube channel, in line with team content planner
- Collating existing content from various domains for use on social media
- Skills in editing video content
- Skills in design software such as Canva
- Time-management skills
- General understanding and use of Social Media Platforms
1-2 days per week
Business Development Manager Volunteer
Good Neighbors Australia is looking for a charity Business Development Manager volunteer to take over a mix of existing accounts and new fundraising territory.
To excel in this role you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads. You will have the opportunity to utilise your experience identifying, building and leveraging business to business (B2B) partnerships to develop and manage mutually beneficial relationships with corporate and community organisations.
You will be drawing on your track record of dealing with a variety of people in varying corporate and social circumstances to drive revenue streams.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
Applicants will need to highlight their ability and confidence in:
- B2B sales and new business development experience essential
- Previous fundraising experience is paramount to the success of this role
- Strong customer service and/or fundraising experience
- Managing key stakeholders and partnerships associated with community and corporate fundraising activities
- Research, identification and pursuit of new business relationships
- High levels of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and confidence to ‘make the ask’
- Confidence in presenting to Corporate groups and individuals
- Confidence with negotiating contractual agreements
- Working cross functionally on projects and take a lead role to ensure delivery
- Effectiveness in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Not for profit or fundraising experience is a must have
If you possess the tenacity, and experience in sales, fundraising and are a natural at managing relationships, we would love to hear from you!
This volunteer role will be 1 day a week for a 3 month period which will include on boarding and training to understand Good Neighbors Australia mission and objectives.
Want to Apply?
Send your CV to:
Are you keen on joining us?
3 Reasons to volunteer with us
Building a Network
You will be working with many different types of people from diverse backgrounds, sometimes with our colleagues in 44 different nations. you will have a great sense of teamwork by working with like-minded people.
Make a True Impact
As a small NGO which recently opened its Sydney office, we have limited resources in every aspect. This means your voice counts more and you can make your own initiative to make a true impact.
A learning Road to Your Career
Skill-based volunteering can lead your personal and professional growth. Volunteering is a brilliant way to get on-the-job experience for your future career.
WE NEED YOU, Send your CV to us!
We will review your application to see how you could fit into our team. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond when we can offer a suitable position for you.