Young Good Neighbors Committee
Young Good Neighbors (YGN) is a committee of dynamic, driven and well-networked young professionals with a shared passion for supporting kids suffering from poverty.
The committee is made up of young professionals aged 18 - 35, who volunteer their time to raise awareness, engagement and funds among their own networks in the NSW community to support Good Neighbors Australia.
Whether you aspire to be a future change maker, not-for-profit Board member, or want to network with like-minded young professionals, YGN provides experience and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Connect with socially-minded individuals who are seeking to create a culture of giving and philanthropy.
YGN committee members are part of a highly trusted and reputable for-purpose organisation, with opportunities to gain experience in governance and social change, with the reward of knowing you’re helping make a real difference in the lives of kids in need.
How you can get involved
Are you a young professional aged 18 - 35?
Have you always wanted to be a part of something great helping kids in need?
Have fun and get involved by joining our committee to raise funds and awareness about the work we do at Good Neighbors Australia.
Help us organise and market our next event where you invite friends to come and hear about our mission and have fun at the same time.
The volunteers will be part of the Event Committee, that will be in charge of the planning and running of the fundraising event. Ideally the group would have a mixed skillset and social/professional network to invite on the night of the event.
We’re looking for volunteers who are happy to commit to meetings after work twice a month for a 4-month period.
Board Member (with oversight of Fundraising)
The role of the Board
The Board is responsible for the governance of the organisation, including:
• Setting the strategic direction for GNAU;
• Reviewing the performance of the organisation;
• Ensuring the development of the executive management team;
• Approving the annual project plan;
• Monitoring project performance;
• Ensuring major risks are identified and managed;
• Ensuring the organisation complies with all aspects of law;
• Reviewing and approving Board level policies.
All decisions are made collectively by the board and all directors share equal responsibility for decisions.
Essential Requirements and Commitment
• Commitment to GNAU’s vision, mission and values (Appendix 1)
• Understand the legal duties and responsibilities of a Board member
• General skills and experience in some of: organisational senior leadership, international community development, public relations, marketing, fundraising, communications, advocacy, HR, risk, compliance, operations.
In this specific case, the following key competencies are sought: Fundraising (community fundraising, corporate sponsorship, workplace giving, bequests, etc.), a network of contacts (both corporate and individuals) who may be potential donors of finance, gifts in kind and advice, strong relationships with the philanthropic community.
• Attendance is expected at all Board and committee meetings, the annual global conference, and other Board activities.
• The annual general meeting is usually conducted in early December
2 year appointment (with potential to further periods)
Want to Apply?
Send your CV to:
Are you keen on joining us?
3 Reasons to volunteer with us
Building a Network
You will be working with many different types of people from diverse backgrounds, sometimes with our colleagues in 44 different nations. you will have a great sense of teamwork by working with like-minded people.
Make a True Impact
As a small NGO which recently opened its Sydney office, we have limited resources in every aspect. This means your voice counts more and you can make your own initiative to make a true impact.
A learning Road to Your Career
Skill-based volunteering can lead your personal and professional growth. Volunteering is a brilliant way to get on-the-job experience for your future career.
WE NEED YOU, Send your CV to us!
We will review your application to see how you could fit into our team. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond when we can offer a suitable position for you.