[Career] Fundraising Support Intern (Voluntary Position)
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in South Korea in 1991. We implement projects to protect child rights, to strengthen global partnership, and to advocate the right of the most vulnerable. Currently, Good Neighbors is working in 43 countries with a focus on inclusive community development and child protection. Good Neighbors has attained a general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) in 1996.
Good Neighbors Australia office was launched in July 2018 under the Good Neighbors’ International Governance. Good Neighbors Australia is one of Good Neighbors' 5 fundraising countries along with the United States, Korea, Japan and Canada. Australia is an ACNC(Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission)registered charity with tax deductible status.
- Position Summary
Good Neighbors Australia is looking for a Fundraising Support Intern(Voluntary) to join the team who will share the same passion and support in the organisation’s objective. If you want to make a good change for the lives of others, we would like you to be part of our small but supportive team. Our Fundraising Support Intern position is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the growth of Good Neighbors Australia. The Intern will have an incredible opportunity to develop and execute innovative fundraising campaigns, whilst helping children and communities overseas. The purpose of the role is at our organisations’ centre by creating and maintaining a high-level of interactions with stakeholders. You will be adept at engaging with people at all levels and have experience in a customer-focused role. Responsibilities include, but not limited to :
A. Donor Management
- Updating and managing donors details on the CRM system
- Assisting with regular mail outs for donors
- Liaise with donors to provide excellent customer care via phone and email
- Attend to outbound calls, to reactivate regular gifts or to update contact details
- Respond to inbound enquiries including changes and cancellations
B. Event and Community Fundraising
- Assisting in all aspect of event production and administration for key fundraising events such as City2surf, Talk Concert and Donor Gala Night.
- Develop excellent supporters/volunteers relations via warm and friendly interactions
- Analyse and develop fundraising strategies and contribute to a range of online and offline fundraising activities
C. Administrative Tasks
- Providing an array of administrative support to the team as required
2. About YOU
A. Essential Requirements
- Highly motivated, positive and ‘can-do’ attitude and a very high level of discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain relationships with other stakeholders and people from diverse backgrounds
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in International Development, Social science, Communications or similar work experience in the Non-profit sector
- An interest in international development and an understanding of the not-for-profit sector principles of fundraising
- Well-developed organisational and time-management skills and a strong customer service approach
B. Desirable Requirements
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft office
- A demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm in International Development, Community Development and Child Protection issues
- Basic knowledge of or experience with CRM platform
- Bilingual communication skill in Korean & English preferred but not essentiaL
Fundraising Support Intern is an unpaid position, so we are more than happy to work around your availability. We would love you to contribute one day per week (open to negotiation), and work location will be in North Strathfield.
Good Neighbors Australia is small but dynamic organisation and willing to expand the presence in Australia, so it can be a great entry level role to get your foot in the door and gain a range of experience in Non-profit or International Development sector.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, so we would recommend you to apply if you fit in this position. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org